Monday, July 8, 2024

Teacher Quilt


We have been busy this spring and summer with baseball, soccer, gymnastics, softball and flag football.  But I still found time to get some sewing done!

In May, my grandson asked me to make a quilt for his 5th grade teacher.  She has a 17-year-old daughter who was in a bad car accident and is looking at several months of recovery.  School was almost over, so we were on a short deadline for this one.  I decided to do a video on this quilt describing quilting choices.  Check out the videos listed on the right side of this blog.  The title is "How Do I Quilt This: Short Deadline," or click HERE.

Here are photos of Lucas, Rose and Jess working on the quilt.  It was definitely a family affair.




Here is another cathedral window tablemat for Memorial Day/4th of July (I can't seem to get enough of these).  If you are interested in making one, Kelly and I hope to teach this class again at Hoover's Bernina in December 2024.  Check back here for an updated class list or check in at the Kackling Kousins' blog site:

https://kacklingkousinsquilting.blogspot.com/


Now on to my next deadline!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment